Friday, July 18, 2008

Milestone?

cat
more cat pictures

My children have discovered potty humor. I kind of regret letting them watch Nanny McPhee. Awesome movie, but unfortunately they really enjoyed some of the kids-being-naughty parts. Being preschoolers, of course THAT'S what they would remember. *sigh* I hear Poppet saying "poop bum" rather more often than I'd like, and laughing riotously over the baby "tooting in her diaper." (It sounds like "toot" -- imagine a rather musical rendition of the word that makes one thing more of musical instruments than bodily functions, but there you go.)

I guess I'll just need to put up with this for the next.... 15 years? How much longer will I be having kids, I wonder?

Plus also (I totally go that from you, Bex) if you haven't become a frequenter of the site I got that picture from.... you should. Boy and how does it give me my belly-laugh exercise on a semi-regular basis. I get my jollies from the LOLcats, I do. Always worth a chortle or so. Probably even if you hate cats. (You can imagine what must have been done to them to get some of those awesome expressions. Or you can just enjoy the captions, like me.) There are some inside jokes, but you catch on quick... unless you're obsessive like me and spend several days going through all the old ones til the very beginning. ... Did I just admit to that in front of... oh, well, there's only, like, 12 people who read my blog anyway, so I guess it's okay. *GRIIIIN*

.... It's officially late. I'm going to bed. And my parents are flying out for a visit tomorrow! YAY! (Blue Eyes sounds like he thinks they're coming out to see and play with HIM. *chuckle*)

3 comments:

That Girl said...

Yeah for parents coming to visit!!! (And washing dishes, cleaning floors, entertaining children, and doing all sorts of grandparent-ly things)

Yeah for blogs!

Plus also (*grins* ... which I totally got from YOU) yeah for YOU! How do I love thee .....?

Jacki said...

I know I am going to have trouble not laughing when my kids find out about potty humor. It gets me every time.

Elizabeth said...

*snicker* Jacki, you totally got that from your dad. (And mine, incidentally.) ;)